These mini meatballs might just become the star of your party. They’re bite-sized and perfect for serving with drinks.
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground dark meat turkey
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
MAKE THE MEATBALLS:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. With your hands, mix the beef, turkey, cheese, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, pepper, and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Roll small pieces of the mixture into 1-inch meatballs between the palms of your hands and place on the baking sheet. The meatballs can be closely spaced, but make sure they are not touching.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the meatballs are deeply browned. Serve immediately with the glaze or follow the make-ahead instructions below to safely store.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
1. Stir the ketchup, water, soy sauce, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne together in a medium saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Toss the meatballs in the glaze until evenly coated, then serve immediately.