This breakfast pizza recipe is so much better than last night’s reheated delivery order.
1 pound store-bought pizza dough, thawed if frozen
1 1/2 cups frozen tater tots (about 20)
3 large scallions
6 slices thick-cut bacon (about 7 ounces)
4 large eggs
1/4 cup whole or 2% milk
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
Honey, for drizzling
Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- If the pizza dough is cold, let 1 pound sit at room temperature until it does not bounce back when stretched, 30 minutes to 2 hours. Let 1 1/2 cups frozen tater tots sit at room temperature until thawed, about 45 minutes.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Crumble or tear the tater tots with your hands into smaller pieces. Thinly slice 3 large scallions (about 1/3 cup). Cut 6 thick-cut bacon slices crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place the bacon in a medium nonstick frying pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered and bacon is crispy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place 4 large eggs, 1/4 cup whole or 2% milk, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat (save for another use) in the pan. Return the pan to medium heat and pour in the egg mixture. Scramble the eggs until almost cooked through but still moist, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet. Coat your hands with cooking spray and stretch the dough to a rough 11×15-inch rectangle. Use the tines of a fork to “dock” (poke holes in) the dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Drizzle the dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top evenly in this order: scrambled eggs, bacon, tater tots, and cheese. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and half of the scallions.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions, drizzle with honey, and garnish with red pepper flakes. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, slice, and serve.