Dainty little Apple Cranberry Brie Bites made with Instant Pot Apple Cranberry Sauce are the perfect appetizer for any party. Creamy, tangy, and crunchy, these bites will be gone before you know it!
For the Apple Cranberry Sauce
12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
zest and juice of 1 large orange
1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
½ cup apple cider
1/3 pure maple syrup (increase to ½ cup if you prefer a sweeter sauce)
For the Brie Bites
Apple Cranberry Sauce – will need about 1/3 cup of sauce depending on how full you fill them
Brie cheese, cut into 15 cubes (see notes)
15 Mini Phyllo Shells (see notes)
Optional garnish: roasted, chopped pecans
To make the Apple Cranberry Sauce:
- Add all of the Apple Cranberry Sauce ingredients to the pressure cooker pot and stir well.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. If liquid sprays while releasing the pressure, quickly turn the valve to the sealed position and wait 5 more minutes.
- Stir well. The sauce will thicken further as it cools.
- At this point you can proceed with making the Brie Bites or refrigerate the sauce until you’re ready to make them.
To make the Brie Bites:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove phyllo shells from their packaging and place them on a sheet pan.
- Place a cube of Brie in each shell followed by about a teaspoon of Apple Cranberry Sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the filling is hot, the phyllo shells are golden brown on the edges, and the brie is soft and melty.
- Can be served hot or at room temperature, but hot is best because the brie is so creamy.