Say hello to Mexican Lasagne. Tasty chilli with added beans and veggies, layered up with tortillas and cheese and baked until crunchy on top. Is it actually a lasagne? Maybe not. Is it a delicious quick and easy dinner? Definitely!
1 tsp Olive oil
1 Onion Chopped
2 Garlic cloves Peeled and crushed
450 g Minced beef
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic powder
2 tsp Chilli powder
398g Tinned sweetcorn 1 x tin drained and rinsed
400g Black beans 1 x tin drained and rinsed
2 tbsp Tomato purée
200 g Salsa Pot from the fridge in the supermarket
Salt and pepper
6 Flour tortillas (Regular size, or 8 small tortillas)
100 g Grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat oil and fry the onion, garlic and minced beef until brown all over, about 5 mins.
- Add the cumin, paprika, garlic powder and chilli powder and fry for a further 5 minutes until the meat is coated in the spices. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sweetcorn, beans, tomato puree, salsa, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Put a third of the beef mix into an ovenproof dish. Layer on two tortillas (cut to fit if need be).
- Repeat the above step twice (so you have 3 meat layers and 3 tortilla layers). Cover with the cheese and cook for 25 mins.