It’s really yummy!
180 ml balsamic vinegar
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tbsp. dried oregano
4 (170g) fillet mignon, or 4 large pieces of sirloin
2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
4 slices mozzarella
Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, olive oil, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
- Pour over steak and let marinate 20 minutes.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to high. Grill steak 4 to 5 minutes per side, then top with mozzarella and tomatoes and cover grill until cheese is melty, 2 minutes.
- Top with basil before serving.