Swordfish makes even the most mundane weeknight special.
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 swordfish steaks
Freshly ground black pepper
550 g multicoloured cherry tomatoes, halved
40 g red onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp. Thinly sliced basil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Heat oven to 220ºC (200°C Fan).
- In a large cast-iron skillet over high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add fish to pan and season tops with salt and pepper. Cook until fish is browned on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and season the opposite side with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat and place into the oven.
- Roast until swordfish is cooked through and flaky, about 10 minutes.
- Make the fresh tomato salad: In a large bowl combine tomatoes, onion, and basil. Add remaining tablespoon oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salad over fish and serve.