Tuna pita pockets can be a quick and delicious lunch. Good quality tuna is mixed with lemon, Greek yogurt, sweet grapes, mustard, mayonnaise and spices served inside a whole wheat pita.
2 whole wheat pita pockets, cut in half
2 – 5 ounce cans solid white albacore tuna in water
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup coleslaw mix
4 red grapes, sliced
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
4 lettuce leaves
- Grill the pita pockets on 1 side. *see note
- To a mixing bowl add the tuna, lemon juice, coleslaw mix, grapes, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard salt, pepper and celery seed. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Carefully open the pitas so they don’t tear.
- Add a slice of lettuce to 1 pita and spoon in 2-3 tablespoons of the tuna mix. Repeat with the other 3 pitas.
- Serve with your favorite sides.