Use up leftover cranberry sauce with this delicious recipe.
2 large filo sheets
45g butter, melted
80g Brie or Camembert, cut into 4 pieces
4 tsp cranberry sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 x 80g pack mixed baby kale
1 tsp honey
25g walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Lightly brush each sheet of filo with melted butter, then lay them on top of each other. Cut into 4 equal strips (so each strip is 12cm wide).
- Put a piece of cheese towards the end of each filo strip, then top with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce and a sprinkling of black pepper. Fold the corner of the filo strip over the filling – towards the other side of filo – to form a triangular shape.
- Keep folding the filo over itself until you reach the end and it has formed a triangular parcel. Brush a little butter over the seam to keep it sealed. Put the parcels on a lined baking sheet, brush with any remaining butter, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and some seasoning to make the dressing.
- When the parcels are crisp and golden, toss the kale in the dressing and divide it between 2 plates. Add 2 parcels to each, then drizzle the honey over the parcels and salad, and sprinkle over the chopped walnuts.