This slow cooker pudding is the ultimate dessert indulgence, with an oozing chocolatey sauce and delicious sponge filling. Make it ahead of time and leave to cook until it’s time to serve.
20 g Butter At room temperature, to grease the pan
For the sponge pudding mixture:
100 g Butter Melted
250 g Self-raising flour
125 g Soft light brown sugar
30 g Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
150 ml Milk
2 tsp Orange extract
For the slow cooker:
157 g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
For the topping:
150 g Soft light brown sugar
20 g Cocoa powder
500 ml Boiling water
- Grease the slow cooker bowl very well with the 20g butter.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the sponge pudding ingredients together until smooth. Put into the greased slow cooker and smooth out.
- Add chocolate orange segments evenly on top, pressing them into the mixture. (Keep a few segments back for decoration at the end.)
- In another small bowl, mix the sugar and cocoa powder for the topping. Sprinkle this evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Carefully pour over the boiling water. (It will all look a bit odd at the moment, but keep the faith!)
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1.5 – 2.5 hours until the cake is firm in the middle.
- About 30 minutes before the cake is cooked I like to take the lid off and add the extra chocolate orange segments that I saved on top. These melt slightly and make the cake look lovely!