A quick and simple Savoury Muffins recipe. Packed with Cheese and Sweetcorn, these vegetarian bakes make a brilliant lunchbox filler, picnic pack up or breakfast for kids and grown ups too.
250 g Self raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
200 g Grated cheese
160 g Can of Tinned Sweetcorn Drained
25 g Fresh chives Chopped finely
2 Eggs Beaten
100 ml Oil Sunflower or vegetable
250 ml Milk Semi skimmed or whole milk
1 tbsp Oil to brush the tin
Spring onions (green onions/scallions), red onion, cooked bacon, peppers, spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brush the inside of a muffin tin well with oil.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients in a bowl or jug, and stir until well mixed.
- Plop the wet mixture into the dry and mix until totally combined. (Don’t over mix, but do check thoroughly as there are often pockets of dry flour hiding!)
- Scoop into the 12 muffin holes and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.