These tiny pancakes are perfect for a fun and quick breakfast everyone will love.
1½ cups (180 g) all purpose flour
2 tbsp (25 g) granulated sugar
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 large egg (US), room temperature
2 tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter, melted
1½ cups (354 ml) milk, room temperature
2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl whisk the egg. Then whisk in melted butter, milk, lemon juice and vanilla exrtact together until smooth and well combined.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients with the dry until just combined with some lumps. Do not overmix the pancake batter. If you want to add mix-ins like mini chocolate chips, do so now.
- Heat a non stick skillet or griddle to low- medium heat. Melt some butter on the skillet. Using a teaspoon, drop a heaping teaspoon size amount of mini fluffy pancake batter onto the hot skillet. Aim to get 5-6 mini pancakes on the skillet at a time.
- When bubbles start to form, pop and stay on surface of the pancake, it’s time to flip. This takes about 1 minute for these tiny pancakes. Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve these mini pancakes with maple syrup and fresh fruit.