Meatballs or meatloaf? The choice is yours with easy swaps. Packed with hidden veg, beef up the loaf with grated carrot, bake then douse in teriyaki sauce! Too easy.
275g packet Taste Meal Kit Japanese Teriyaki Meatballs
500g beef mince
2 large carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 green shallot, thinly sliced diagonally
Sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 9.5 x 19cm (base size) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang 3cm above the sides
- Place the meal kit meatball seasoning, beef, carrot, egg and 2 tbs water in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared pan then use the back of a dessert spoon to press down and smooth the surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring the meatloaf to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, place the meal kit sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Spoon the warm teriyaki sauce over the meatloaf and spread to cover the top. Sprinkle with the shallot and sesame seeds. Cut into slices to serve.