Sliced beef is marinaded in Korean bulgogi sauce, skewered and grilled.
1 Asian or Bosc pear, peeled and chopped
2 spring onions/scallions onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped ginger
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 pound (453 grams) sirloin, tenderloin, or skirt steak.
- To a blender (or food processor) all of the ingredients, except the beef. Blend until smooth, pour into a large bowl, set aside.
- Slice beef against the grain (against the direction of the muscle fibers) into thick slices and add to the marinade, coat well. Cover and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill.
- Thread the beef slices onto skewers. If using wood skewers, soak them for a few minutes first.
- Grill on all sides until browned, about 8-10 minutes.