This churro cheescake recipe is so simple and features a beloved grocery store classic: crescent rolls!
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
1 lb cream cheese, softened completely to room temperature
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 (8 oz.) crescent roll doughs, refrigerated
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a cinnamon-sugar mixture by mixing cinnamon and ½ cup sugar in a small bowl until combined well.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining sugar, egg, and vanilla, mixing until completely smooth.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and sprinkle 1-2 tbsp. of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on the bottom.
- Open and unroll one tube of the crescent rolls. Press the seams together to form one rectangular piece. Place into the bottom of the pan, covering each end completely.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the dough in the pan, spreading across evenly.
- Unroll the second tube of dough and press the seams together again. Then, place it over the cream cheese mixture to cover completely.
- Use a brush to spread the melted butter evenly over the top layer of dough. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the crescent dough has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely and transfer to the fridge until chilled.
- Cut and serve.