This creamy vegetable soup will become a weekly staple and is so easy to make! Made with seven different veggies. it’s jammed packed with flavour, plus it’s warm, cozy and so tasty!
6 Roma tomatoes, halved
4 carrots, peeled and halved
1 red pepper, cut into quarters
1 white onion, halved
2 garlic bulbs
1 yellow zucchini, sliced
1 green zucchini, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and black pepper
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 1/2 cups boiling water
1 cup milk or coconut milk
Handful fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prep and wash all veggies, including tomatoes, carrots, red pepper, onions, and zucchini. Add to a lined baking sheet.
- Add garlic to tin foil, season and wrap, and place on a lined baking sheet. Add olive oil and seasonings over top of the veggies and toss together until veggies are evenly coated.
- Add veggies to oven to cook- cook for 40 to 45 minutes. Check on veggies halfway.
- Once veggies are cooked, add all veggies to a food processor or blender. Squeeze in roasted garlic once cooled. Add salt and black pepper, and boiling water. Blend until smooth. Add in milk and blend. If you want your soup thinner- add more water as needed.
- Add soup to bowls and add milk, black pepper, and fresh basil on top. If your soup needs to be at a warmer temperature – add it to a large pot and bring it to a boil. Serve with toasted bread and enjoy!