This recipe combines two of my favorites: cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie dough. Sour cream offsets the sweetness and adds a nice tang. Everyone who tries this scrumptious cookie dough cheesecake loves it.
1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies or chocolate wafer crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the side of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling).
- Bake at 350° until center is almost set, 45-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chips. Refrigerate leftovers.