Cauliflower Cheese Soup is an ultra creamy soup made with a only a handful of ingredients. This is such a fast and easy soup that is both adult approved and kid friendly! Warm up this fall and winter with this filling Cauliflower Cheese Soup!
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 small yellow onion diced
6 cups cauliflower florets approx 2lb head of cauliflower
1 tsp salt
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
3/4 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- Place the chicken broth, water, diced yellow onion, cauliflower florets and salt into the Instant Pot. (See post above for details on how to cut a head of cauliflower)
- Cook on Manual HIGH for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Blend the cauliflower & broth mixture. This can be done by using an immersion blender or by transferring to a blender. If transferring to a blender, return to the Instant Pot after blending.
- With the Instant Pot on keep warm, slowly whisk in the heavy cream.
- Add the yellow mustard.
- Slowly whisk in the cheese.
- Taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra cheese, bacon bits and chives if desired.
- Stovetop Instructions: Simmer the broth, water, onion, cauliflower and salt for 15 minutes then follow directions starting on #3.