Decorate chocolate cakes filled with Baileys® Irish Cream ganache to make them look like beer mugs – topped with frothy whipped cream!
1 box (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
1 1/8 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Ganache
5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons Baileys™ Irish Cream
Beer Mug Wrappers and Foam
30 ounces white modeling chocolate
Golden yellow gel or paste food coloring
1 tub (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Make cake mix using water, oil and eggs according to package instructions.
- Spray Mason jars with non-stick cooking spray, then set on a baking sheet. Equally divide batter among jars. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool cakes for 10 minutes. Turn jars upside down and remove cakes. If they stick, run a knife around the edges. Cool completely.
- Make Baileys® Irish Cream ganache: Pour chopped chocolate, heaving whipping cream and powdered sugar into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high power for 30 seconds. Let bowl sit in microwave for 3 minutes. Remove and stir until smooth. If all chocolate is not melted, heat for 10 second increments, stirring after each. Stir in Baileys® Irish Cream.
- Cut each cake to be 3 inches tall. Then, using a cupcake plunger, apple corer or knife, create a well in each cake. Pour Baileys® Irish Cream ganache into each well.
- Color 20 ounces of white modeling chocolate golden yellow with food coloring. Roll out yellow modeling chocolate to about 1/8 inch thickness on a non-stick mat (or on a cutting board that has been lightly dusted with powdered sugar). Cut 3 1/4 inch wide by 8-inch long strips.
- Press wooden dowel at 1/2 inch intervals across each strip, creating the indentations in the beer mugs and leaving a 1/2 inch border along one edge. That will be the bottom of each beer mug.
- Wrap one yellow strip around each cake, cutting the seams to match up. Brush seam edges with water or melted white chocolate and press together. To make the handles, pinch off pieces of white modeling chocolate and roll into mug handles. Attach with water or melted white chocolate.
- Just before serving, spoon whipped topping into mugs.